About Me

My photo
Hello there! Welcome to my blog and thank you for taking the time to visit. My name is Jenny. Feel free to look around and leave any comments if you wish. email: jennyscreations808@yahoo.com

Friday, September 11, 2009

Stamp N' Scrap Hawaii Challenge & LJ's grandparent's day!


Hi everyone! How are you guys doing today? I'm so glad it's Friday and the weekend is almost here. Today will be such a busy day for me . I just got back from my son performance from school, the first graders had a small program for Grandparent's Day. We had breakfast at their cafeteria and all the student made a performance singing and dancing for their grandparents. After the cafeteria we all went to the classroom and check out their stuff that they were learning in class. Later on this afternoon I'll be doing errands. Today is my nephew's birthday party and I just got done doing all the favors, centerpiece, money box, guest book, and slide show with my hubby's help, we got everything done last night. Will be helping my brother set up the party. So it will be a long day. I'll be post some of the party things I have created later on this week.

Here is LJ and his classmate getting ready to sing and dance.

Here is the grandparents (my hubby side) and Aiko (LJ cousin)

Here is Mama kissing LJ to say Thank You and you did a great job!
Enough about that, now about crafting. Today is another challenge at Stamp n' Scrap Hawaii. This week's challenge is followed by a sketch created by the fabulous Jen. Here is my take on this sketch using Popcorn the Bear - Thanks a Bunch. Since the winner will receive a choice of one of these adorable Popcorn Bear we decided to use these images for this week challenge. I just love these cute bear. This one is my favorite so far the one with the sunflowers. Since the image is a bear , I use light brown flocking fibers just round the bear and it's nose. Thought about how teddy bears are so cuddly and furry. Color it using my copics and my new set of copic atyou spica glitter pens. I only use colored orange for the sunflowers. Sorry it's hard to see it due to the lighting in my room also since I took this picture at night. I added one dew drop on the MS butterfly punch out, yellow ribbons, ovals are from cuts out I use from my Cricut. You can also purchase these dew drops and Popcorn bear stamp at Little C's, they have different sections to chose from. Hope you join us for this challenge, wouldn't you like to win one of these adorable bear stamp. I can't wait to see your creations using this sketch. Have fun and enjoy your weekend.

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Awww that's so cute of the kids to do that for their grandparents! :) Love your card! I am definitely going to get some of those popcorn bear stamps!! :) Have a great weekend Jenny! :)

Kyoko said...

Hi Jenny! You must be so proud of your son! I hope I have time to do the challenge ... gonna try! LOVE your card!

Joy said...

cute popcorn bear! so lovely! so cute your kids! they must have made their grandparents proud!